Saturday, July 21, 2007

Yet Another Rolling Stones Weekend

Remember how earlier in the year I uploaded quite a few songs from The Rolling Stones? I figured this weekend would be good for a one-shot where in this entry I post three new tunes on here, two of which are bootlegs. Hey, you can find a good or great song just about anywhere, a

The first one is "Claudine", one of the two unreleased songs, although it's rather easy to find online due to bootlegs. It concerns Claudine Longet, the ex-wife of Andy Williams who was convicted of killing her boyfriend… but was VERY fortunate to receive such a ridiculously light sentence (30 days!) as despite her claims, it was *not* an accident and she was helped more by an inept police investigation than anything else. As you can see, even back then it helps to be a celebrity when you're on trial… anyway, the Stones were going to put it on their Emotional Rescue album (which may have helped make that album not so disappointing) but then changed their minds as they did not want to get sued and deal with that hassle. It's a shame, as it has a catchy rockabilly rhythm to it and it's a pretty nasty take on the case, sort of an inverted version of Bob Dylan's "Hurricane". Once you hear about the case, though, what the song says is well-deserved.

Rolling Stones-Claudine (4.82MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2790204061e9c7/

The second song is "Highway Child", a song that doesn't have any sort of history behind it like Claudine does. It was just a jam done in the summer of 1968, but Goddamn does it ever rock. It's a fast-paced ditty where they just smoke through it and rock out with their cock out, to use as many clichés as I can. Yes, at one point it DOES resemble "Hold On Loosely"! It can be chalked up just as being a coincidence, though; at least that's what I am guessing.

Rolling Stones-Highway Child (7.21 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2790128fdd0c28/


The last song is one that you can find on the Goat's Head Soup album from 1973. I'm sure that many people are familiar with two tracks on there, which are "Angie" and "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)", but I've heard some other good tracks on there, like "Silver Train" and the one I'm putting up, "Star Star".

By checking out this link you can see why it's one of the most notorious songs from the Stones and why it's something you never hear on the radio. The main reason why I'm putting this up, though, is that the song just f'ing rocks, man!

To alleviate possible concerns, the last line that you hear Mick singing in the song is "C'mon, little girl", NOT "C'mon, ni…", well, I don't want to say what I thought I heard, except that I had to rewind and go back and make sure that Mick didn't utter a racial slur! I know, what a thing to hear, but if you thought you heard it too, trust me it's not true.

Rolling Stones-Star Star (6.07 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2790165282b4d7/

I'll be back on Tuesday afternoon with a dance track and a tale of my Friday night at a dance club.

No comments: