Friday, July 13, 2007

Commercial Endeavors

Here is yet another song that I heard on the Orlando radio station Real Radio 104.1, in the rare times they actually play music. Of course they never identify which songs they play on their station, whether it'd be on the air or even on their website, so if you hear a tune you like but don't know what it is then you have to do a Google search of it to find out what it is.

That's what I did recently when I heard an amazingly catchy little ditty one night. I thought it sounded familiar, and I found out why it was. The song was "Go!", by Tones on Tail. No I'm not familiar with that band or it's predecessor, Bauhaus, as I'm not an f'ing hipster. Still, this is a song worth getting, as it's as catchy as I said it was, and it was in more than one commercial back in the day. I remember Starburst and Dockers in particular. Plus, it has an electronic cowbell in it, and we all like cowbell, right? Actually, the sketch that introduced the cowbell love into popular culture is f'ing terrible and totally pointless... then again, that's what SNL has been for the past, oh what, 15 years now?

Tones on Tail-Go! (192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/26791562e530c0/

I'll be back on Monday with a new upload. I'm not quite sure which song in particular it will be yet, but it's possible it will be an opening credits song from a pair of well-known 80's movies.

Speaking of 80's movies, I wish that I could find an MP3 of the theme song to Friday the 13th Part 3, or hell, even get to see that movie in its original 3D form; the former is much more likely than the latter. C'mon, don't tell me you think the disco theme song is bad now! Anyway, have a nice Friday the 13th.

No comments: