Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July, Everyone

Finally I have some time to write a fitting final chapter to this phase of the blog where I talk about Florida Breaks. Unfortunately some delays and some tragic events got in the way, but at least I can try and make the end of it somewhat decent.

As I mentioned before I've seen DJ Baby Anne a few times. Speaking of her, I found out yesterday morning that that night, she would be performing in Orlando. But, that was hardly enough advance notice… I had shit to do so it was a no-go. But, I'm sure that eventually I'll see her again. Anyway, like I said I've seen her a few times. The one time that it was not at The House of Blues, it was at a club in Orlando known as Fusion. Well, during her set some people got on the stage, and no one got into trouble for it, so I figured I'd hop on it too. It wasn't too long after that, a security guard pretty much hiptossed a poor kid from the stage onto the floor! I don't know what caused it-the kid did looks like a spaz-but rough security was the least of Fusion's problems…

Back to the HOB… like I said, their service industry nights are a lot of fun. Besides watching everyone breakdance and having a lot of fun, you also see some strange and unexpected things sometimes. For instance, it was either the first time or one of the first times I was there, it was near the end of the night and I was walking in the area outside of the dance floor; it is tiered a few levels. Well, I was on the middle level and out of nowhere I walk pretty much right up to a girl and a guy… the guy has his hands up the girl's skirt, and her hand is guiding the way: that's right, he was fingering his girl, right out in the open! I couldn't believe it. I watched for a short while, and seeing that they still didn't care that I was watching, I walked away, but not before looking at the upper tier and seeing some guys intently watching the action just like I was, with big smiles on their faces. I still don't know how they didn't get caught, but boy was it ever funny.

Anyway, onto the one upload I am putting up today. It's yet another song from the Mixtress CD. This one is the best track on the album, which is saying a lot due to how great the entire album is. It's Jackal & Hyde's "Darkstar". No, it has nothing to do with the Grateful Dead song of the same title… a dance remix of THAT would be pretty f'ed up.

Jackal & Hyde-Darkstar (8.26 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2562151676082f/

I was going to put up a DJ Z-Trip track but he has many free tracks available on the downloads page of his website. I bring up Z as at a benefit Service Industry Night for the Red Cross to help out with that hurricane in New Orleans, if you donated a dollar you got a ticket to the DJ Z-Trip concert that following Thursday. If it wasn't for that dollar donation then I never would've gone to the concert, and that would've been a huge mistake, as it proved to be an awesome time. The concert was some random DJ who wasn't that great, but then there was Black Sheep, a rap group I did not realize were that well known until after the fact, and then Z himself, who put on an audio and visual collage of images and sound. That's the best way of describing it. I mean, I shit you not, one gimmick was allowing a girl to play a game of Pac-Man on the giant screen! Yeah, corporate sponsorship was involved but these days that's expected just about anywhere. Near the end of the set you had people breakdancing, which totally shocked Z as that didn't happen too often on that tour. I tell you, that was an awesome night, and if Z-Trip is playing in your area, you'd better go and see it. Z isn't scheduled to play in Florida yet for his latest tour, but then again, given that they literally had to give tickets away for a dollar to get people to see him 2 years ago in Orlando, it's understandable why he wouldn't want to return (or maybe that the HOB doesn't want to book him again) even though many that saw them there in 2005 may be likely to go see him again.

I will be busy the next few days so my next upload will be on Monday. Till then, I'll wish everyone a good 4th and a nice weekend.

No comments: