Monday, July 2, 2007

To Continue What I Wrote The Last Time...

When I last made a post on here, I mentioned the surprising epiphany I had when on Thursday night I was reading a forum and in a post concerning The Spice Girls reuniting, someone mentioned that the song "Say You'll Be There" seems to be a ripoff of the often misspelled (even by me!) Carl Carlton tune "She's A Bad Mama Jama." I know, sounds totally bizarre and random, and yet after listening to both songs back to back, that seems to be the case. Whether or not it's intentional or just a strange coincidence, I consider it to be funny if nothing else. It reminds me of the whole Dani California = Mary Jane's Last Dance controversy. I mean, that song is the only one from the Girls that I can really tolerate, much less like. I mean, the song where they tell their lover to use a condom... I don't think so.

I already posted the videos to the two songs, but now you can download the one Spice Girls song I like and the full rarely heard 6 minute version of the classic song from Carl.

Spice Girls-Say You'll Be There (4.5 MB, 160Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2534411bd90162/

Carl Carlton-She's A Bad Mama Jama (8.08 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/25345210b0b28a/

Also, it appears that another Spice Girls song, Wannabe, sounds suspiciously like the Howard Jones classic, Things Can Only Get Better (hmmm; they also have a point there), but you can download copies of the songs yourself if that's what you desire.

I'll be back Wednesday night where I'll finally continue the dance theme I had started awhile back but then got sidetracked from several times.

No comments: