Sunday, September 23, 2007

Crankin' That

I wasn't sure what I would post on here for my latest upload... at least until last night, when I returned to the grand old place known as Mako's and and a blast there. Speaking of that place, if you want to experience a taste of what the place is like-although this is more about MTV promoting it's usual bullshit and stereotypes-check out video from MTV filming some footage there for a pair of specials so you at least have some idea of what goes on there, although visiting the place in person is a much better way of understanding and experiencing all the debauchery that takes place there on a nightly basis. By the way, I have never seen any of the "All-Stars" work there in my life and I only recognized one or two employees there, and that was in brief shots.

How this ties into this upload is how during the night they played an already infamous song that people either love or hate; I'm talking about Crank Dat (Soulja Boy), from Soulja Boy. I'm in the latter camp, although I still admit the dance and the song is far better than that Chicken Noodle Soup shit from last year! Plus, I can't forget that the song was pretty over last night and you had quite a few people doing the dance... or at least attempting to do so.

In a totally roundabout way I found a download where the song has a dance beat added to it, and this version ends up being far better than the original, IMO. It's from a dude known as Cousin Cole and he deserves mad props for this.

Crank Dat (Soulja Boy) (Cousin Cole Remix) (10.74 MB, 320Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3811283c533f96/

I'll be back Wednesday night with another rap song.

No comments: