Sunday, September 2, 2007

You Better Learn How To Kneel-On Your Knees, Boy

For this Labor Day weekend post, I will upload a song that doesn't really have anything to do with the holiday itself (although what COULD I post that would tie in, unless it was some song having to do with work? As none come to mind at the moment that would work well here…) but instead is yet another cover of a popular song.

One of U2's most popular songs is "Mysterious Ways". Funnily enough, it took me awhile to realize it, but U2 indeed is pretty good. I don't know why I used to think differently, but I will admit that in my life, my musical tastes have been known to change. Anyway, that also applies to a cover done of "Mysterious Ways" done by industrial rock band KMFDM for an obscure 1993 compilation album of cover songs mostly done by bands I have never heard of before. For the most part, their "music" isn't really to my tastes, and when I first heard their version of the song way back when, I didn't care for it at all. But with time, I for some reason changed my mind and realized that it's just about as good as the original. It's certainly different, though, after you get past the almost identical opening. You have a guy with a strange-sounding voice singing most of the song but the chorus is done by a female singer.

As an aside, I think this version of the song would make for nice entrance music for a female professional wrestler. Don't ask me why-my mind works in mysterious ways... by the way, last night I was at a real small-time wrestling show and saw a heel tag team use the song Kashmir, which I thought was awesome as more wrestlers need to use it. Of course, though, the team was a RUSSIAN tag team, so I don't know how a Middle Eastern influenced song would work for them, but alas... it's not like I know of any Russian black death metal songs they could use, though...

KMFDM-Mysterious Ways (4.33 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/34428353cfc79d/

I'll be back on Wednesday afternoon with a new tune.

No comments: