Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's A Real Fine Place To Start

In this final post where I post Led Zeppelin songs-although in the future I am sure I will post another track or two-I am posting two tunes, one of which is another one that is atypical of them, but the other one is a rocking tune.

The first is the atypical song. It's a track from their Houses of the Holy album. It is known as The Crunge and as you can read in its Wiki entry, the song is their version of a James Brown song. James Brown! Talk about strange, and yet it turns out well. I remember chatting about this with a friend back in my college days and when I mentioned the style of the song, my friend was shocked and wondered if Zep was particularly heavy into drugs at this point in their career. I would not be shocked if that proved to be true. I mean, I'm not even sure what a crunge is supposed to be.

Led Zeppelin-The Crunge (4.52 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/37213976ca7443/

The second song is a live track from the "How The West Was Won" album. The tune is "The Ocean", which in original form was also on Houses of the Holy. Now here's a rocking tune for you guys that has one of the most memorable riffs from Zeppelin, and that says a lot. It's been sampled by the Beastie Boys, among others. It's one of my favorite tunes from them, and the live version does a great job of mimicking the original.

Led Zeppelin-The Ocean (3.94 MB, 128Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/37211830b8fece/

I'll be back Thursday night.

No comments: