Sunday, September 9, 2007

You Can Stick It Up My...

I know I've been farting around with this for awhile, but finally I feel like putting this up. No, I won't be doing a blog about Britney's new songs as they are pretty easy to find if you Google them, but via a messageboard I found out that she performed tonight at the VMA's, which needless to say I did not watch, and her performance was rather listless and boring, as you can see for yourself. 50 Cent's reaction summed it up quite well.

What I'm putting up instead is a pair of songs from an artist who is best known for a curio from the 80's; how the song became popular is mystifying to me as it's more of a joke track than anything else.

That's right, it's Strokin', by Clarence Carter, a guy who actually was a well-known R&B musician in the 70's. I don't know much about his career except that he's someone who you would not have thought back in his heyday to end up singing bawdy (at least for the time period) tunes about having sexual intercourse with women... and with himself!

It's not a song I've really heard often and I never downloaded it until just a few days ago. Boy was I surprised when I listened to this version of the tune and found out why it was labeled as being uncensored. In the last lyric, he says that his woman gets so excited when they do the deed that she goes "Ooh shit!", then even better, states that his woman told him if her pussy is too lose, he can stick it up her ass.

No, really. He stated it less bluntly than that, but it did not mean that I wasn't stunned when I first heard those lyrics. I mean, wow.

Clarence Carter-Strokin' (4.19 MB, 128Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3567805c569632/

To demonstrate that he used to sing more traditional R&B songs, here is a tune known as "Patches", originally by the Chairmen of the Board before Carter covered it and it became among his best-known tunes. It's a nice song about a man who lived a hard blue-collar life and it's quite the contrast to Strokin'.

Clarence Carter-Patches (3.09 MB, 128Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3567848d0d58f2/

I'll be back on Thursday night unless something pops up suddenly and I feel like updating sooner.

No comments: