Friday, September 7, 2007

Criss Cross

This week I've had some interesting ideas for my next song to put up here. By the way, I found the master list of all the songs posted on my blog and it's updated, so nothing will encumber what I upload.

It'd be too easy to post "Love Hurts", as I'm sure many of you already know that it's part of an infamous scene in the new Halloween movie; Christ, I haven't even seen the new movie and I already know about it! It appears that most people are upset that it was a poor choice for song in the scene it was used in, rather than the song itself; that's good, as I'd raise hell if people had problems with the song!

Rather, I will upload the song that was probably new to most of you if you heard it being used during a new McDonalds ad that debuted last night; it was with an African-American lady and you see the young boy in the family dressed up in 80's hip-hop clothes and doing breakdancing-like moves with his food while the song plays in the background. I'm sure that most of the millions who saw the ad had zero clue what the song was. Well, I knew what it was, as I had heard it every time I've been to Motion at Disney World's Pleasure Island. Yes, they play it every night so that everyone in the club has a chance to dance along with it. It's pretty popular, and no I've never participated in it.

The tune is "Cha Cha Slide", from Chicago's own Mr. C The Slide Man, otherwise known as DJ Casper. I don't really have any other comments to make except that it's a great tune, even if only it's at clubs, where you can watch the video for it and get instructional tips on how to do the dance.

Mr. C The Slide Man-Cha Cha Slide (128Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/35309696df5393/

Since my schedule changed, my next tune will be up Sunday night.

No comments: