Friday, August 17, 2007

Remembering Elvis, Part 2

It turns out that I won't have a lot of time to write on this blog so instead I will talk about some of Elvis's worst songs on Sunday and today I will actually show you guys a link to another blog which has an incredible find: All the songs from a bootleg recording done of Elvis's last ever concert, done at the old Market Square Arena in Indianapolis on June 26, 1977. The blog even has a review of the concert done by some hardcore Elvis-philes. You can either download any of the songs the typical right clicky way or you can download them via a Zip file. I'm sure all of you know this, but to open a Zip file you need a program like WinZip to do the deed.

From the brief listen I had of a few songs, I can tell you that the sound quality is acceptable enough for a bootleg and as for Elvis's performance... let's just say it was better than some of the horror stories I've read on how during the final years, his concerts featured him barely coherent at best. You should download it for its historical value.

Like I said, I'll be back on Sunday with the third and final part of my remembering this American icon.

No comments: