Wednesday, August 15, 2007

An Unusual Case Of A "Diss Track"

I know, it's not common for me to talk about popular, current singles on here as this is really a place for more obscure tracks, but it's possible that there are others out there who have had trouble in the past trying to find a stereo version of the song "Give It To Me". No, not the song from the J. Geils Band or the song by Rick James. Rather, the new tune from Timabaland, Nelly Furtado, and Justin Timberlake, from Timba's "Timbaland Presents Shock Value" CD. If you look at the Billboard Charts for the number one songs in the U.S. this year so far… this ranks up there with the "best" song, IMO. I mean, compared to garbage like Beautiful Girls, Girlfriend, Glamorous, and Umbrella, Give It To Me and Makes Me Wonder are the two best. I only realized now how the year looks bad when you just look at the number ones, but beyond that you see it's not too shabby.

I should've tried to do this a little earlier, but I was only inspired a few days ago to try and find a stereo version of the song, as on the music search sites you pretty much can only find a crappy mono version of the tune. I used Project Playlist, an underrated spot to look for music. Hey, when they give you the URL to the songs you put on your playlist, you're not going to listen to their suggestion of using iTunes to download it! I was able to find a stereo version, which I downloaded ASAP and that's what I'm uploading for y'all.

Reading the Wikipedia entry cleared up for me the big mystery of who exactly the singers were dissing in the song. Hey, I don't watch MTV or read any of the music sites. Furtado disses Fergie, which is fine by me, except that the start of their "feud" is rather insipid, to say the least. So is Justin ripping on Prince just because he made a sarcastic reference to Sexyback. I mean, they come off as being whiny and petty to me. I guess I'm too used to the rap beefs such as Tupac vs. The Notorious B.I.G. More interesting to me is the feud between Timbaland and Scott Storch. I prefer Timba to Storch quite a bit, so I'll take his side in it… but hopefully Scott is the one lying in the situation!

Anyway, no matter what you think of the lyrics, the beat is scorching hot and I figured a few people out there would want to have a stereo version of the tune.

Timbaland/Nelly Furtado/Justin Timberlake-Give It To Me (192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/31586500378c4a/

Thursday being the 30th anniversary of Elvis passing away, I will post a few songs of his.

No comments: