Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Take Your Woman With You & Put Your Mind At Ease

First off, here is what I promised to have up the last time. Check out this page, which has the now famous video of 1,500 Filipino prisoners doing an incredible simulation of the Thriller video. Many different pages have the video, but here is the original page that uploaded it; plus, you have other videos involving the prisoners, such as them doing Radio Ga Ga and The Village People!

Now, up to today's upload. Stanley Clarke and George Duke are famous jazz musicians who put out several albums together of fusion music. The song I'm spotlighting is a cover of a song that is one of the most famous in rock history and has been covered who knows how many hundreds of times. Yes, it's Louie Louie. While the lyrics as sung by the Kingsmen are impenetrable, the other versions of the song make the lyrics rather clear. Trust me, the lyrics are not vulgar! As for this version, off of the "Clarke/Duke Project, Vol.1" album, they of course make it pretty funky and do a great job of it. They do an intro and an outro where George & "Uncle Stanley" tell the song as a story to his son. Trust me the song turns out better than it may sound. I mean, from what I've heard of their tunes this is more "mainstream" than

Stanley Clarke/George Duke-Louie Louie (7.14 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/294409906c648e/

I'll be back Friday night. I'm not even sure yet what kind of tune I'll put up, but as you can see by the tunes I've put up as of late, I'm rather eclectic so you never quite know what to expect from moi.

No comments: