Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ja Rule, Rock Star?

In my last update I mentioned the strange teaming up of Ozzy Osbourne with DMX and ODB for a song. I realize that sounds bizarre, but wait until you hear the song I'm putting up today. It's something that I never recalled hearing about when it was released; during late 2003, I believe it was, I somehow stumbled upon the song and I downloaded it right away, mainly to see if it was true, as it sounded just too bizarre to be anything but a fib It was a song from a compilation album by producer Swizz Beats. After listening to it, it was confirmed that it was true. It was a rock song produced by Swizz and mainly sung by the often attacked in battle raps Ja Rule, a guy who's been criticized for, among other things, being a thug one minute and singing with Ashanti the next (although shot 9 times 50 Cent DID do Candy Shop…). I was shocked that I hadn't heard anything about it as I assumed that the fans of the legendary thrash/metal band would have pitched a huge shit fit over them participating in THIS kind of project, although I guess that with the Napster controversy and the search for a new bassist after Jason Newstead left, they were already a little peeved with the band. Plus, it was a song on the soundtrack to the film Biker Boyz.

Yes, METALLICA did a song with Ja Rule. "What The Fuck?" is the perfect phrase to use in this case. It's not a song that sounds like anything you'd expect any of the guys to be involved with, but all things considered the tune itself isn't that shabby (it's certainly better than anything from their last album). It's just something that Metallica should never do again.

Ja Rule & Metallica-We Did It Again (6.50 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYW7I3IY

I'll be back on Tuesday night with a remix of a rap song.

No comments: