Sunday, June 24, 2007

This Is The Sound Of The Underground

Yeah, this is a little behind schedule, but you know, sometimes shit brings up that you can't do anything about… I'm fine now, though, so I'll continue on with today's upload.

I'm pressed for time at this moment still, so I'll post a song that was the first track on the CD from DJ Baby Anne that was a part of Moonshine's "Mixed Live" series; this CD was recorded in Las Vegas at the RA nightclub at the pyramid-shaped Luxor hotel. It's a nice place; I went through it one night when I was in Las Vegas in the spring of 2002. Oh I wish I could go back there sometime soon, but it's not in the cards yet.

Anyhow, DJ Baby Anne is a product of Orlando and is one of the best at the Florida Breaks style. That's the reason why I've seen her a few times when she was in town performing, not because she's nice to look at or anything!

This particular song is known as "This Is The Sound Of The Underground", by Jackal (of The Cyberian Knights), who is now a part of the Jackal & Hyde DJ duo. Not only is this a kick-ass song, but also one that I've heard at Service Industry Night more than once, and the chorus is a quick breeze through the main elements that made up this style, which is the Detroit music scene, Miami being the home of the "motherfucking bass", Germany being the home of the legendary electronic music group Kraftwerk, and also noted the influence of Afrika Bambaata on the genre (with "Planet Rock" and other influential tunes).

Jackal (of the Cyberian Knights)-This Is The Sound Of The Underground (7.13 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2416226fc18247/

I'll be back sometime late Monday night and I'll say more about DJ Baby Anne as in the next few days I will upload some more tracks from a few of her albums.

No comments: