Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Leaving Them With A White Chin?

As I promised in my last upload, today's song will be a rap remix. It's been awhile since I've posted one of those, so now would be a good time for it.

The song I'm uploading is a remix of a song that was popular last year, which was Shawnna's "Gettin' Some" (as it was known on the radio), or in full, "Gettin' Some Head". By the way, I did not know right away that she was the daughter of Buddy Guy. When I discovered it, that bit of trivia was quite surprising, to say the least. Anyway, last year on a random music blog I found a remix of the song that featured Ludacris, Pharrell, Lil' Wayne, and Too $hort. Of course, it wasn't until just a few minutes ago that I saw this very remix is also included on the Block Music album that has the original version of the song. I've heard other remixes of the song but this is the only one that has been on any official album and not any "mixtapes" or whatnot.

Now, this remix is quite hot. Right away Luda gave props for Shawnna for the song somehow ending up on the radio (and also gave out a shoutout to Bill Clinton) and it gets better from there, as the song gets quite graphic and thus, if you're a fan of the type of lyrics that 2 Live Crew rap, you should download this as you'll like this too. I have to give my mad props (yo) to Lil' Wayne (or Weezy, baby!) for his verse, where he talks about "Fruit by the Foot" and the line that made me rewind the track and listen to it again to confirm what I had just heard (something I rarely do with rap tracks), which was..

"Santa Claus-I leave her with a white chin."

Wow. That line was a million stars due to its greatness. I mean, it takes a lot of lyrical talent just to be able to tie together Santa Claus and, ahem, covering a girl's face with your "fluids"!

Luda's contribution was also nice, talking about Ecstasy and drilling her with his tool. Like I said, you 2 Live Crew fans will get a lot of lol's with this track.

Shawnna, featuring $oo Short, Lil' Wayne, Pharrell, and Ludacris-Gettin' Some Head (Remix) (7.82 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y818VENX

Thursday night I will be back with a new song. It will be a dance track; it will be the start of me spending some time talking about dance songs, tied with my visit to the House of Blues in Orlando and their annual dance party on Sunday nights. I may also decide to switch the file service that I upload tracks to yet again.

No comments: