Friday, June 8, 2007

One Misanthrope Discussing Another

In today's comedy upload (the last one I'll do for awhile; I'll return on Sunday night with new song uploads) I will discuss the comedian that is ranked by many as being at or near the top alongside Pryor-of course I'm referring to George Carlin.

I realize that George is more hit and miss than Richard (especially when you talk about the contents of his books) but when he's on, he's great. I was privileged to see George perform at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas when I was there on Spring Break in 2002. I wanted to see a famous comedian perform in Las Vegas while I had the opportunity, and fortunately Carlin was there at the time. He mainly did the material from his HBO special Complaints & Grievances (which I saw a lot of while at a friend's house one night in late 2001), but I didn't mind hearing it again. In concert, he also bashed Las Vegas and how corporate and tourist it was.

Here is an entire album of his work. Now, it is hard to find his older album material or even any tracks from it (I have a cassette of his 70's work, including the famed Seven Words You Can Never Say On Television). This album I put up is great all around. It's 1992's "Jammin' In New York". The opening track discusses Bush & Iraq and how it was covered by the media; in 2007 it's just as relevant as it was 15 years ago. The rest of it is also great. Hopefully you won't have any problem d/l'ing the link, as I know that for some reason it's down at this moment.

George Carlin-Jammin' In New York (full album) (53.1 MB, 128Kbits/second)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2P0M2RFE

Now here are some tracks (combined together under the name "Things That Piss Me Off" that I believe were recorded from the HBO special rather than the album "You're All Diseased", but in any matter, it's almost 15 minutes of George griping (no, I don't like him just because he gripes even more often than I do!) about cigars, angels, Harley-Davidson, and more.

George Carlin-Cigars, Angels, Harley Davidson, and House of Blues (9.53 MB, 96Kbits/second)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YCHI0ZN7

Like I said, I'll be back Sunday night, and the Blair that puts up songs will return.

No comments: