Thursday, June 28, 2007

Whoo!

I happened to return to Service Industry Night on Sunday night, but I go into more details on that on my MySpace blog; my page is helpfully listed amongst the links on this page. There are several interesting tales to tell, believe me, and of course they mainly center around the effects that alcohol has on various people.

As for the songs I'm uploading tonight, they center around the aforementioned DJ Baby Anne, the Orlando DJ who has released several Florida Breaks CD's (a new one, known as "Past Present Future" is supposed to come out July 10th; at least that's what her MySpace page says). Aside from the one time I saw her at Fusion, a club in Orlando (don't get me started on that place; yeah, it was a joint I went to several times last year but shit happened and I haven't been there in months, and who knows if I'll ever get back), the times I've seen her were at the House of Blues in Orlando. Those occasions were fun times. I remember that one time, she was part of a group of DJ's who got together as a benefit for Hurricane Katrina, I believe it was. For one dollar, you could not only donate the George Washington to charity (I know, it's not much, but at another occasion, at a Best Buy, I gave 5 dollars to Red Cross, who were set up there looking for donations for Katrina) but you also received a ticket for that upcoming Thursday's DJ Z-Trip concert. That turned out to be the best dollar I've ever spent, but I'll talk about that soon in a later update.

The first song I'll upload is another one from Anne's Mixed Live album. This one is known as "2001", and yes, it's based off of the song from the Stanley Kubrick movie. In case you don't know, the orchestra version of the song is also the theme music for pro wrestler Ric Flair, known as "The Nature Boy". Well, there was a wrestler in Florida known as "The Black Nature Boy", Scoot Andrews, who used the breakbeat remix of "2001" that I will present to you. It's a collaboration between DJ's Magic Mike and Infiniti. It's very catchy and dance-able, as you'll see if you preview it before downloading.

The other song is one actually done by Baby Anne rather than a track done by others that she mixed into an album or for a performance. This is a shortish but still quality track from her Mixtress album; in fact, it's the title track from the album. If you only buy one breakbeat album in your life, I believe this is the one you should get. This is SO awesome… it's the best representation I know of if what it's like to be at Service Industry Night or any other similar Florida Breaks performance. I give it my highest recommendations. The next time I do this, which should be on Saturday afternoon, I will upload another track from Mixtress and one from the 2005 album she did with Jen Lasher, "Assault & Battery".

DJ Magic Mike & Infiniti-2001 (3.41 MB, 128Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/24738992826289/

DJ Baby Anne-Mixtress (4.81 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/247399333d7144/

No comments: