Thursday, June 14, 2007

We Both Know What Memories Can Bring, They Bring Diamonds And Rust

Today I will upload a pair of songs; actually, they are the same songs-it's just that one of them is the studio version and the other is the live version-of the Judas Priest cover of the song "Diamonds And Rust", by folk artist Joan Baez. I've actually heard the Baez version once before on the radio; it's a folk song, so believe me it sounds quite different from the version by Priest, to say the least (and I'm a poet and didn't know it).

The studio version is from the 1977 album Sin By Sin, while the live version is from the 1979 album Unleashed In The East, recorded in Tokyo. Both are very good tunes, but I usually prefer the live version just a little bit more. It's faster paced and just a little bit catchier (especially the opening) but both should be downloaded.

Judas Priest-Diamonds And Rust (4.73 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HEQV0853

Judas Priest-Diamonds And Rust (5.04 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7UQKVH9B

I'll be back Saturday afternoon with an upload of an Ozzy song. No, it's not his new single I Don't Wanna Stop as you can hear that on radio and it's currently number 2 on the Billboard "Hot Mainstream Record Tracks" chart so it's too "popular" for a blog like this, but wait until you see the upload I have, where Ozzy covers a song that you'd think would be among the last tunes he'd ever sing.

No comments: