Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Video of A Comedy Legend

Unfortunately I ran into a problem with the album I downloaded that I hoped to upload, so instead , I will first post some links (remember to click on them to see the videos) to some visual evidence of Richard Pryor's talents. Comedy is an audio AND visual art. I mean, listening to albums is great but you lose out on things like facials. gestures, expressions, and overall body movement.

First, here is a video from the "Live on the Sunset Strip" movie. He talks about how he once worked for the Mafia.

Here is a clip from the "Live in Concert" movie. He talks about his run-in with the police.

In an educational vein, here is Part 1 of 6 of a British documentary on the man. The other volumes can be found in the list of similar videos to the right of the video.

I'll be back on Thursday with a posting of the new audio I'm still in the midst of downloading of Mr. Pryor, plus I will discuss an album I heard about just last night, and it's an album that appears to have some very horrifying tracks on it that of course I'll have to upload on here in the future just so I can mock them!

No comments: